Monday, January 27, 2014

Well, I had my first week last week with kindergarteners and let me tell ya, I think they're the best thing to ever walk the planet! It was crazy to me what a difference there is between kindergarteners and first graders; that year difference is a big deal! I'm really excited that I got placed in a kindergarten classroom for my practicum. I've learned that you either love the primary grades or you don't. I've realized that the primary grades are definitely where I belong. Getting to work with these kids makes me that much more excited to be a teacher. They are a new experience for me every single day and I love the joy that they bring to my life. I am not a morning person at all and let me tell ya, I've finally found something that makes me look forward to getting up in the morning...my kindergarteners! :)

11 comments:

  1. Those little ones are lucky to have someone so enthusiastic about them. Good luck with your future endeavors.
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first practicum last year was in a kindergarten classroom and I really enjoyed it! They're (most of them) are so sweet and so interested in everything and willing to please! I'm glad you're liking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, most of them ;) But thanks, Katie! :)

      Delete
  3. And those of us who prefer something other than primary are so thankful that there are those of you who are happy to get out of bed in the morning to teach them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this Emily! I love first graders. I thought for sure I was going to be a fifth grade teacher but now I am in a predicament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh Isai, I remember you telling me that. I think you would be great at any level! :)

      Delete
  5. I also find it interesting how much joy children bring to our lives. It is so neat being able to be apart of these childrens' life in such an important way. Although we may teach them somethings, they teach us what is important in life each day.

    Kindergarten was a class I TA'd for four two different years in high school. I loved every second of it. The best part is then you get to watch them grow during the rest of the schooling! Continue to enjoy those kiddos because the mornings are coming earlier and earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, Trish. The mornings are definitely coming earlier and earlier!

      Delete
  6. Not everyone can teach K/1. It takes a really special person to do that. Congrats to you for finding your calling!

    ReplyDelete