Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My twin nieces :)

I have twin nieces that are two years old. They are growing so fast and I can't get enough of them! They're at that age where they know when they're being naughty and they look you in the eye while they do things they know they're not supposed to. They are hilarious and full of new adventures every day. My sister tells them whenever I come home from college that Aunt Enny is coming home today and they stand at the window saying, "Enny, Enny, Enny!" They wait for me until I come to the door and as soon as I walk in they start screaming my name and run over to me. It is the best feeling to see how excited they are when I come home. I have watched them grow and change and I love them so much. They can go from naughty to the biggest sweethearts in the world in .2 seconds. They are starting to wrestle and fight each other now and it is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen. When one of them is being naughty the other one will say, "no sissy, no!" They are so full of life and personality that it makes my heart happy. They have helped me realize how special children really are and I can't imagine how anyone could ever harm or hurt such an innocent human being like a child. You know that saying, "The closest thing to Heaven is a child?" I couldn't agree more with that statement.

4 comments:

  1. You have a couple of sweeties on your hands! What a special aunt you are. It is clear how much you cherish them and love them to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I love this! It always makes me smile when you post pictures of these cuties on instagram or facebook. I haven't been blessed with any nieces or nephews yet, but from what you say, being an aunt is pretty amazing. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jordann! You will love being an Aunt one day, it is seriously the best thing ever! :)

    ReplyDelete